The vision for the Early Learning Program is to provide early childhood education for preschool-aged children with disabilities together with their peers in a joyful, nurturing and safe learning environment.
The mission is to provide a foundation for each child to be a lifelong learner, to prepare each child to become independent, to maximize readiness for ongoing school experiences, and to promote family-centered education.
To accomplish this mission, Missoula County Public Schools will:
- provide a developmentally appropriate, literacy-based curriculum.
- create and maintain an environment in which children learn through play.
- establish parent partnerships.
- provide and support ongoing educational opportunities for staff, parents and care providers.
- include children with and without disabilities.
- facilitate smooth preschool transitions.
- promote effective communication.
- establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other community agencies.